Did you know that….
According to DemandMetric, content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about three times as many leads.
A Hubspot poll found that 39% of today’s marketing budgets are spent on content marketing, which produces 27 million pieces of content every day.
This goes to show that content marketing is nothing new. In fact, it has been around since 1732 when Benjamin Franklin published Poor Richard’s Almanac to promote his business. And while times and methods have changed, content marketing is still a vital part of growing your business. In fact, now it is even more important, as more people get their information online from a variety of sources. You can learn more about content marketing by having a look at a website like https://www.digitalmeal.com.au/seo/content-marketing/ that details all the different ways that content marketing works. You can have a look at seo tools online to help you run your business, you can have a search for ranking factors for local seo in order to help you, which will help you with marketing your business and therefore giving it a chance to thrive exceptionally well!
Building a following is one reason to invest in a content marketing strategy. But there many others. Here are nine other benefits of this vital part of business:
- Lead generation – Content marketing can turn the casual observer into a customer. When people search the web regarding a particular service or product, chances are, they are already thinking about making a purchase. It is up to you to use effective content marketing strategies to seal the deal and turn them from site guest to satisfied client.
- Better Focus – Content marketing shows people both inside and outside of your company what you do. As a result, your employees feel more engaged, and customers can see if they need your services, which then results in increased sales, and more informed decisions.
- Cohesiveness – SEO, link-building and content marketing work together to help you build a more successful web presence. When you provide more quality content for your site, Google will rank your website higher and thus give you more exposure.
- Advertising – Content marketing gives people something to talk about. Studies show that word of mouth advertising is still alive and well. In fact, 82% of consumers still seek recommendations from friends and family members before choosing a service or product. In addition, 67% say that they are more likely to buy a product someone has recommended to them via email. Effective content marketing provides consumers more information from which to make a decision.
- Audience Brand Recognition – When you create and promote valuable content, then your audience will recognize your brand and see you as a reliable authority within your industry. Content development can be used to promote brand awareness and is an effective PR tool for your business.
- Industry Recognition – A solid content marketing strategy will lead key players and competitors to view your brand as an authority. An added bonus is that by creating informative content, you become a thought leader in your industry, creating trust in you and your brand.
- Recruitment – An effective content marketing approach generates interest and lets the top talent know who you are and what you offer, making your company “The Place” to work.
- Product Showcase – Content marketing is an effective way to highlight your company products and how they benefit customers. Make sure the content is not promotional. It should be written in an informative and entertaining style.
- Problem Solving – Occasionally, there may be a problem or confusing information about your products. When you create content that addresses the problem, you not only inform your audience but show them you can make adjustments or provide explanations as needed. This ultimately results in more trust, followers and sales.
Of course, designing an effective content marketing strategy can be daunting if you attempt to do it on your own. Thankfully, you don’t have to. When you work with a team like Alpine Communications, we can help you develop a content marketing strategy that builds your business inside and out. Give one of our content marketing strategists a call today.
Tags: Advertising, lead generation, Marketing