PR is an essential tool for many businesses. If you’re launching a new product, just raised a large sum of money for your startup business, or recently won a prestigious industry award, PR can be used to get the word out.
As Oscar Wilde once said, “The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”
An effective PR team can help get attention for your business so you can get more customers. They have the knowledge, and expertise to increase brand awareness, build credibility, and instill trust.
But if you are still uncertain about the advantages of hiring a PR professional, or perhaps you have heard stories from someone who did not get the anticipated results, then consider these five reasons for working with a professional PR firm.
5 Reasons to Hire a PR Professional
1. They Know the Media – From social media to print, radio and television, if you aren’t making the most of these valuable platforms then you are missing out. As Barbara Corcoran of Shark Tank says, “If you are not being quoted in the press, you’re losing limelight.” A professional PR firm has the media contacts you’re looking for or knows how to put you in touch with the right reporters to get your story told.
2. They’re Experienced Communications Professionals – You wouldn’t call an electrician to fix your sink. Nor would you want your CEO out front in a crisis unless s/he has been media trained. A PR professional has the experience and knowledge needed to make you a success. An experienced PR team can help you manage a crisis, create compelling marketing content or develop promotional programs that get attention for your business.
3. You Don’t Have Time to Do It All – A PR campaign needs to be multifaceted and integrated. Having a team of professionals who can help or manage everything from the news media and social media marketing to designing marketing campaigns means that you have time to focus on what you do best – building your business.
4. You’re Tired of Seeing Your Competitor in the News – If you are in a crowded market where competition is stiff, a PR team can help you stand out from the crowd. They will look at what you are currently doing and help you create a more successful approach that builds on your company’s strengths and minimizes your weaknesses so that you are established as an industry leader.
5. You Need an Experienced PR Professional on Your Team to Prepare for and Manage Crises – Virtually any company, no matter its size, is going to eventually have a crisis that the public will hear about. It may be a security breach, misconduct by company personnel, or any number of issues. But determining what to say, when to share information and how to do it can be tough. A professional PR team can help handle these questions for you and be sure to show your company in the best light possible.
Working with a professional PR team can give your company many advantages. Wouldn’t you like to be better connected with your customers, increase your influence in your industry, and work with a team who can look objectively at your company and create opportunities and growth?
If the answer is yes, then PR is right for you.
So, what are you waiting for?
Tags: Alpine Communications, pr, PR plan, PR professional, public relations, social media marketing, Success in Business